Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cutting the onions and sweeping the floor


Bad coffee and and an even badder cigarette
We're plagued to forget.
It isn't so likely 
To forget.
Same story, different page. 
Same page, different story.
Uncertainties fitter in ramblings of other times of love 
of being in between
We remember epic moments,
remember? Remember?
Have we remembered?
What does it take to remember?
I remembered once.
I remembered once that I wanted to forget.
and so I forgot
and all was forgotten
until later
when I was reminded.
How do epiphanies come and go like wheat?
days that pass while I'm underneath
trying not to remember
knowing I can't forget.
To great revelations!
To karma as I sleep.
What's left?
Only days yet to come
as we wait and want and wither.
Trying to know.
I don't want to know.
I don't want to know anything.
I don't want to do.
I don't want to do anything.
I want to be.
Just as many were. 
Just as I am,
yet here and now
questions arise while taking tea-
and this is all I could ask really
since it keeps working
until it doesn't really.
Sweep the floor.
Sweep the floor.
Chop some onions.
Don't forget the sun or trees or air back "home"
these are what made you little one.
You can be amongst them, 
but you'd still be wondering, working, walking, whining.
Cutting the onions and sweeping the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment